Strategic Innovation Agenda
BIOVEGEN and the Spanish Strategy for Science, Technology and Innovation 2013-2020
The Spanish Strategy for Science, Technology and Innovation 2013-2020 is the framework instrument for establishing the aims, linked to the promotion and development of R&D activities, to be achieved during this period in Spain. These objectives are in line with those settled by the European Union within «Horizon 2020» framework program for funding R&D activities during the period 2014-2020, thus contributing to incentivizing active participation of Spanish Science, Technology and Innovation Agents in the European Area.
This strategy is implemented through Plan Estatal de Investigación Científica y Técnica y de Innovación 2017-2020. One of the dynamic actions contemplated in the Plan are Technology Platforms (TPs).
What are Technology Platforms?
TPs are communication channels between different public and private actors in a given sector, which promote public-private partnerships, identifying emerging technologies and detecting new demands in terms of Social Challenges:
- Social Challenge 1: Health, demographic change and well-being.
- Social Challenge 2: Food security and food quality; productive and sustainable farming, natural resources, marine and maritime research.
- Social Challenge 3: Safe, efficient and clean energy.
- Social Challenge 4: Smart, sustainable and integrated transport.
- Social Challenge 5: Action on climate change and efficient use of resources and raw materials.
- Social Challenge 6: Changes and social innovations.
- Social Challenge 7: Economy and digital society.
- Social Challenge 8: Security, protection and defense.
Network Technology Platforms
Technology platforms are part of a national network supported by the Ministry of Science and Innovation.